Sacramento Job Corps Center
Sacramento Employee and Training Agency (SETA)
SETA is an effective force in connecting people to jobs, business owners to quality employees, education and nutrition to children, assistance to refugees, and hope to many Sacramento area residents.
Employment Development Department
The Employment Development Department (EDD) is part of the Labor and Workforce Development Agency of the executive branch of the State of California. EDD offers a variety of services to millions of Californians under the Job Service, Unemployment Insurance, Disability Insurance, Workforce Investment, and Labor Market Information programs. One of the largest California state departments, EDD has nearly 10,000 employees providing services at more than 400 locations. EDD employees provide many services, including:
- Assisting California employers in meeting their labor needs.
- Helping California job seekers obtain employment.
- Administering the federally funded workforce investment programs for adults, dislocated workers, and youth.
- Assisting the disadvantaged and welfare-to-work recipients to become self-sufficient.
- Helping unemployed and disabled workers by administering the Unemployment Insurance and Disability Insurance programs.
- Supporting state activities and benefit programs by collecting and administering employment-related taxes.
- Providing comprehensive labor market information.
Find an Employment Development Department near you: http://www.edd.ca.gov/office_locator/
What is CalWORKS' Welfare to Work program? http://www.cdss.ca.gov/cdssweb/PG141.htm
Learn about the different steps to finding a new job, switching careers, or simply learn how to network within your field: http://jobsearch.about.com/
Need help building your resume? Visit http://resume-help.org/
State of California employment
Tel: (866) 844-8671
California Workforce Investment Board
Tel: (916) 324-3425
California Workforce Association
Tel: (916) 325-1610
State of California Labor and Workforce Development Agency
Tel: (916) 653-9900
Jobs Accommodation Network
Tel: (800) 526-7234
United States JobCorps
Tel: (800) 733-5627
United States Department of Labor
Tel: (866) 487-2365