What You Need to Know About COVID-19
The California Assembly is working with the Governor to ensure that our public agencies have all the resources they need to combat the emerging threat of the novel coronavirus, AKA COVID-19. At present, the risk to Californians remains low.
As your State Assemblymember, I will work with local health authorities, school districts and other entities to ensure that all are responding together to prevent and address risks associated with coronavirus. And I will quickly let you know if the situation changes.
Current advice is similar to preparing for other viruses:
- Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Clean your hands often with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when coughing or sneezing (or an elbow or shoulder if no tissue is available). Discard tissue and wash your hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home and do not come to work if you are sick with respiratory symptoms, fever, and cough
Stay up-to-date with the latest resources by visting the public health website links below: