Registration Is Full! RSVP Below To Join the Wait List.
Saturday, February 23rd
10 am—3 pm (doors open at 9:30)
Lunch will be provided
Or call my district office at (916) 670-7888 or email Sabina.Nussipov@asm.ca.gov to RSVP.
This program aims to expose students to career options in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics. With the continued expansion of the S.T.E.M workforce we need to ensure that young students are given the opportunity to learn about these rewarding career pathways.
This event is geared towards 8th, 9th, and 10th graders. The day will include engaging speakers from various STEM industries, interactive workshops, fun giveaways, free lunch, and much more!
- We are limiting this event to 100 students, so registration is required! Spots will be reserved on a first come, first serve basis. We may add you to a waitlist.
- Parents can drop off their kids at Laguna Creek High School at 9:30 am and pick up no later than 3 pm.
- Lunch will be provided, please indicate if your child has an allergy in the registration form.
9:30 am – 10:00 am Student Registration Entrance Gate
10:00 am – 10:20 am Welcome/Introductions Theater
- Flo Kahn, PhRMA
- Assemblyman Jim Cooper
10:20 am – 10:45 am Keynote Speaker #1 Theater
- Marlena Jackson - Nexgene Girls, Founder
- Dr. Jerry Valadez - Introduction to Breakout Sessions
10:50 am – 11:50 am Interactive Breakouts Session #1 L2, L6, L11
- Tinkering with Circuits: Creating a model and understanding concepts of circuits, flow of electrons, and transfer of energy.
11:55 am – 12:25 pm Lunch Theater
- Raffle Tickets
12:30 pm – 12:50 pm Keynote Speaker #2: Theater
- Laura Lampa, Bayer Crop Science
12:55 pm – 3:00 pm Interactive Breakout Sessions #2 & #3 L2, L6, L11
- Building Bugs and Bots: Applying the engineering and design process and energy concepts to build an LED Bug/Creature and an Animal Bot.
- Mars Rover: Build and test a model of a Mars Rover.
3:05 pm – 3:20 pm Keynote Speaker #3 Theater
- Nicholas Haystings, Square Root Academy, Founder
3:20 pm – 3:30 pm Concluding Remarks Theater
- Raffle Picks
3:30 pm Student Pick Up Entrance Gate